[Gvsig_english] wps bakeoff - any interest?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:12:57 CET 2011

> Thanks for the contact and the information about the "wps bakeoff". We
> will talk about it and see what we are able to do. Also maybe someone in
> the gvSIG community wants to perform the bakeoff.

Perfect.

> In any case, could you give as some more information about the
> initiative?  Is it being backed up by any organisation? There is any
> plan, timing, resources, etc. already available?

Not yet; this is ground level grass roots organisation.

The idea came up after a series of contradictory presentations at foss4g last year. I am contacting interested parties now with the hopes of starting discussions on a wps email list next week.

So "initiative" is too strong a word; the OGC is backing to to extent of providing an email list and wiki. gvSig community members can take part in planning, timing and resources.

So yeah; please consider what your would like to see out of such an idea. As a client application I hope we see some servers to test against; and a chance to compare solutions to handling wps interaction with "complexData".

Jody