[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 USB: Strange behaviour opening projects XP/WIN7

spatialjoe spatialjoe at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:33:40 CET 2011

Hi Fran,

thank you for your suggestions!
"Upgrading" my projects to 1.10 will not be sooo clever as labeling with
attributes from table results in labels centered on the anchor point by
default whereas within 1.9 labels have their anchor on the left (see
screenshots).
This minor difference results in major offset adjusting work which has to be
done manually in case of street labels.

In general there is some need for improvement regarding positioning of
labels.
Attribute-based labeling allows setting of rotation angles but lacks setting
anchor positions.
Advanced labeling behaves just the other way round.
Unfortunately one often needs both options (anchor position/rotation angle).
(Maybe I should open a new thread on this)
So for the moment I will finish my project on my old combo (XP/1.9).

Best ,

Johannes

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6007670/gvSIG-1-9_USB.png
gvSIG-1-9_USB.png