[Gvsig_english] 3D Extension. CALL FOR TESTING

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Jan 10 12:38:16 CET 2011

Hallo

Actually I started trying some the last week without knowing it was that
new :-)

What I have tried is against PostGIS in an attempt to visualize the new
polyhedral surface and 3D distance functions in the trunk comming in
PostGIS 2.0.

In Ubuntu gvSIG crashes when I have the extension installed. I
translated some spanish post with google on the subject and I guess it
is a problem with my ATI-card. The symptoms looked very similar. Is
there a solution for that?

In windows I had some other trouble. When I had defined and opened a 3D
view I could open a PostGIS table, but I didn't get the third
dimmension. Properties said that it was a 2d polygon. I guess that can
be a JDBC-problem. But I don't know enough about that to say anything.

Another problem on windows was that when I had loaded my postgis table
the cpu went wild. some java-process took all recourses.

All this was maybe a week ago.

But I saw the idea, and it looked great :-)

Regards
Nicklas Avén