[Gvsig_english] New Color Ramps for gvSIG&In-Reply-To=4D2B291B.8000.0013.1 at utah.gov

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 00:56:54 CET 2011

What can I say: it's fantastic to have that many
colour scales available, and really makes the task of
creating good symbology so much easier!

In terms of how it worked: well, it was easy to just take
the contents of Kevin's palettes.xml file and merge it into
the existing one. Then I deleted the palettes folders, they
were recreated on gvSIG startup and I had access to all the
old palettes plus the new ones. So no problems with that.

But: there are a lot of palettes now. And without alphabetic
sorting, it is a very time-consuming act to select the right
one, almost frustrating.

I like the fact that both the raster and vector colour
palette selectors show them in the same order. However,
I think it would be better to have the palette drop-down
list in the vector symbology dialog look the same as that
for raster layers, i.e. name + preview as one item.
The current solution, which is to show the name after a
while of mouse hovering does not work well for large
libraries of palettes.

Cheers,

Ben