[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.10 not working properly with PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:14:40 CET 2011

Hi Klaus.

I've seen this message before, for example when I try to import  a 3D or
M shapefile to Postgis.
gvSIG Postgis driver doesn't support 3D yet. Maybe these is the problem.
You can send to us the definiton of your table (including
geometry_columns register)?

Cheers.

Fran.

El 14/01/2011 12:57, Klaus Schaefer EH TZA escribió:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have to complain that gvSIG 1.10 seems not to work properly with
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS at all! I've tested it with the versions:
>
> Windows 7 professional, 64bit
> gvSIG 1.10
>

> PostgreSQL 9.0.2-1, compiled by Visual C++ build 1500, 32-bit
> PostGIS 1.5.2
>
> as well as
>
> PostgreSQL 8.4.6-1, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400, 32-bit
> PostGIS 1.4.2
>
> and
>
> PostGIS 1.5.2
>
> Whenever I try to export a vector layer to PostGIS the following error
> is issued:
>
> null
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause
>     java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:320)
>     com.iver.cit.gvsig.exceptions.visitors.ProcessWriterVisitorException.(ProcessWriterVisitorException.java:11)
>     com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.jdbc.postgis.PostGISWriter.process(PostGISWriter.java:192)
>     com.iver.cit.gvsig.ExportTo$WriterTask.run(ExportTo.java:200)
>     com.iver.andami.PluginServices$1.construct(PluginServices.java:405)
>     com.iver.utiles.swing.threads.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:108)
>     java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> null
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause
>     java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:320)
>     com.iver.cit.gvsig.exceptions.visitors.ProcessWriterVisitorException.(ProcessWriterVisitorException.java:11)
>     com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.jdbc.postgis.PostGISWriter.process(PostGISWriter.java:192)
>     com.iver.cit.gvsig.ExportTo$WriterTask.run(ExportTo.java:200)
>     com.iver.andami.PluginServices$1.construct(PluginServices.java:405)
>     com.iver.utiles.swing.threads.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:108)
>     java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> The result is that the table and the attributes are created, but no
> data gets imported! This is due to "\" --characters being content in
> some (text field) attributes. When removing these "\"-characters the
> export works. However -- the spatial reference (EPSG:32767) is lost,
> so the result is of no use in the project.
>
> Using the shapefile to postgis plugin to import an existing shapefile
> into PostGIS gives a better result: The "\"-characters are kept and
> also the spacial reference (EPSG:32767) is set properly. This table
> seems to be fine when used as layer in gvSIG.
>
> But finally -- in any case - if I export a shapefile- or postgis-layer
> to another shapefile, again the spacial reference is not being set
> properly there (as in the previous case, it claims to be EPSG:32767,
> but the coordinates refer to some indefinite values...).
>
> I will continue experimenting around the PostGIS interface. Since I'm
> a gvSIG user only (not a gvSIG developer), I see much work left for
> some bug fixing! I'm not sure if I can use the current gvSIG release
> in production, as I'm facing several other unresolved issues which I
> [...]

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab
www.scolab.es

Asociación gvSIG