[Gvsig_english] Why gvSIG CE came about & CLA

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri Jul 1 14:11:09 CEST 2011

Dear Jorge, dear all,

I did not care that much about the Association, but I have to say that I
never fully understood, why it's there. I know that several companies and
institutions are part of it, but that's all. We as an organisation were
invited to become an honour member, but it was not really clear why we
should join the association.
Would it give us a "louder voice" when talking about the future development
of gvSIG? I think/hope that working for the project is possible under
gvsig.org (this list, documentation etc). The association's gvsig.*com* is a
bit confusing for me (as "com" stands for commercial). It could well be that
I missed something.

Best,
Wolfgang