[Gvsig_english] Why gvSIG CE came about & CLA

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:21:19 CEST 2011

I'm also wondering about the "weights" that different kind of community
members can have into the management process.
Could you explain us better, what's the "contract" between the Association,
its memeber and the TSC? I mean beyond the CLA.
I suppose the Association is also meant to create a kind of lobby (in a
neutral meaning), to help companies to create e commercial and technical
network. In the long term, isn't there the risk to loose a bit of democracy
in the project choices (from the logo design, to a patch contribution)?

I understand that a big project needs fundings to be mantained, and I agree
that a business model is needed for it. Anyway, what will really keep gvSIG
from lossing "open sourceness" is the ability to give the same voice to a
big company member and the "normal" community user... This is a challenge, I
know, and there are no magic rules to do it. I'm ready to try iand
partecipate. As a normal user ;)

giovanni