[Gvsig_english] Why gvSIG CE came about & CLA

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:49:16 CEST 2011

Good points, Giovanni.

That's the reason I want a calmed post from Gabriel Carrion or Alvaro
Anguix in gvSIG Blog, who will explain better than me the pilosophy
behind the Association. @Gabi, time to post and put here a link ;-)

In last email, I said there is no relation between Association and TSC.
You will be invited if people there think you deserve it, no matter your
company. So, you can talk with someone and say "Hello, I think my
contribution will be valuable for the project because.... (reasons), and
they (we) will vote. The protocol is public, you can find it int gvsig.org.

As far as I know, the Association will make commercial (marketing),
contacts, project, and so on, but technical decissions are not its duty.
So, the community decides. About logo design, we have had a public
competition several weeks ago. About patches, it's open also. you can
register in OSOR, open a bug, and put a patch. Maintainers and reviewers
will (eventually) revise your patch, and it there are no problems, put
in SVN in order to test by the team test when a new estabilization
process begins.

About big compaies and small companies in Association with the same
voice. Good point. The voice is the same, it doesn't matter if the
company is big or not. (Talking only about the marketing, commercial,
remember. Technically, no voice at all).

About magic rules.... well, better explained in the post :-p

Have fun.

Fran.

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab