[Gvsig_english] Translation process and Galician language

Mario Carrera carrera_marrod at gva.es
Fri Jun 17 14:02:28 CEST 2011

Hi Nacho,

when the first or the second build of gvSIG 1.12 is released, we'll
export the strings and the translation process will start. As gvSIG 2.0
is still changing, the process for this version will start later. We'll
upload the new translations to gvsig.org [1], and translators will work
on it.

For every language there are one or two translators normally, but in
some communities they work together first to improve the translations.
It depends on the community. For example, in the Italian and Brazilian
ones, they worked in the distribution lists of these communities to
decide the best translation for the strings, and the coordinators
uploaded them to the website.

To translate on gvsig.org, the person must be registered first, and we
have to give permissions. There are several states for a string
(pending, translated, reviewed and definitive). Pending and translated
are the most used, and for some language they use also the reviewed
state when the translation has been accepted. When anybody want to
collaborate, we register them, and I put them in contact to the persons
that are translating that language to decide the way to work (translate,
review...). We recommend to contact us first (in the "How to
participate" section, in the Preferences-Language menu in gvSIG...)
because every language is in a different status, and we can explain what
tools they are using (the list, the forum...), how many people are
working at the moment....

About Galician, there are two collaborators working at the moment, but
they have been busy recently, and they couldn't complete the
translation. It would be very interesting to have more translators. What
was the link of the community of translators in Galicia?

Best regards,
            Mario

[1]
http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/gvsig_desktop_i18nstorefolder/gvsig-desktop-i18n/TRACatalogoInforme/