[Gvsig_english] Query on why gvSIG CE came about

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Thu Jun 30 22:05:54 CEST 2011

>I'm not neglecting his contributions and previous work. He has been a
>great power user and brought here a lot of nice discussions and some
>good contributions.

....and I do hope (and belive) that he will continue doing that

>I'm sorry if I take that to a personal side, I beg your pardon. But I
>won't be quiet to any direct and (in my opinion) unfair criticism to the
>way we are managing and boosting gvSIG project.

I understand your position. But I am sure that Ben (and the rest of the new
initiative) have their reasons for their decision.
I would be glad, if this discussion (in the end) could lead to a
clarfication.

> And what about the other FOSS GIS applications (QGIS, GRASS, OpenJump
> etc).
> Do they have a CLA? What does a CLA implict? Ben mentioned that it was
> hard
> for him to get his changes into the official project. Why was it that
> hard?
> Is it still that way? Is it that hard for "external" contributors to join
> in
> the programming / developing of gvSIG?

>A quick search:
> OpenLayers CLA
ok. GRASS, QGIS are not mentioned, but still. Ok.

Best
Wolfgang