[Gvsig_english] a wish: "simple" Mapfile export built-in in gvSIG

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Thu Mar 3 13:48:47 CET 2011

Dear list,

a few days ago, I wrote a message about the publish extension. I was
told that the publish extension is far more than
a mechanism to create mapfiles, it is a tool to do many more things. Ok.
This is true. But I am of the opinion that a more "simple"
mapfile export function would be a great step forward. A good-quality
mapfile would be a great help for many users. If it is easier to add
this functionality to
gvSIG, please, please add it to gvSIG! Do not try to kill two birds with
one stone...
As far as I am informed, another well-known Open Source GIS starting
with a "Q" has a "mapfile generator", too. And it's built-in in the
standard installation!
What do you think?

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Qual

Landeshauptstadt München
Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Umweltschutz, Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11
Team Klimaschutz, Energie

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05
E-Mail:   wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Internet: http://www.muenchen.de/rgu

Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm