[Gvsig_english] Problems when exporting a shapefile to Oracle

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Mar 17 12:42:33 CET 2011

Hello,
thanks for the sample shapefile.
It is probably a bug in the Oracle Spatial driver but I cannot look into it right now.

I can see that in your shapefile there are lots of holes and islands inside the holes (or maybe that big geometry is a collection of polygons, I have not checked that)

As for now, use gvSIG to do the buffer, or create the buffer without merging any polygons (I presume there is an option in ArcView to do that?) so the resulting polygons will not have holes and islands inside the holes (which might be causing a conversion error somewhere)

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)