[Gvsig_english] Projecting EPSG 27700 British National Grid to overlay EPSG 4326 (WGS 1984)

liam391 liamwhittles at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:53:44 CET 2011

Hello,

I am a novice student user of GvSig having used it for basic mapping and
geoprocessing for about a year.

I have Raster files in WGS 1984 coordinate system (from Seazone) and I wish
to overlay them with shapefiles in EPSG 27700 British National Grid (these
are from SNH natural spaces and are available free
http://gateway.snh.gov.uk/pls/htmldb_ddtdb1/f?p=101:1:7172302134011178865).

I have tried to use the reproject tool on the shapefiles but so far I have
found that either no transformation is available, or GvSig has crashed when
I have tried to perform one. Projecting on the fly does not seem to work;
attempting to reproject the raster to match the view projection causes a
crash and error message. I am running GvSig 1.10 on windows 64 bit.

I apologise for the basic question, but haven't found a solution that I've
understood when looking through the forums,

Thanks

Liam