[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11 RC1 default language

Manuel Madrid mmadrid at gvsig.com
Thu Mar 31 10:23:07 CEST 2011

Hello Frank.

We did some research. The gvSIG language is set by the installer... the
first time. When a user install gvSIG in a computer for the first time a
file called "andami-config.xml" containing some user settings is created
in the gvSIG folder. The installer checks if this file exists. In that
case it doesn't overwrite it so in the case you install gvSIG in Spanish
(as it's the default option) the first time, reinstalling in English
doesn't solve the problem, as the file already exists. The only way is
to run the app and change the settings.

¿Could this happen to you?

Best regards,
Manuel.