[Gvsig_english] Importing a raster image with gvSIG Mobile

Marcel Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Thu Mar 31 17:54:23 CEST 2011

Hello.

I know those performance problems. But _*if*_ the transformation is
performed, it should _not_ be wrong I think :) better would be an error
message which tells the user that the image is too big or something...

I cannot upload the image (25MB *.png or 5MB *.jpg), but I have uploaded
the jpg to rapidshare, instead. /(The png file is about 2MB  too big, it
won't even be loaded, so I did not upload it)/

    JPG: http://rapidshare.com/files/455277713/jpg-raster.zip
    ECW: http://rapidshare.com/files/455279357/ecw-map.ecw

I have compressed the file to ecw, too, but it is not geo-referenced, I
think. I tried AU ECW Compressor...because the manual says, it will add
geo-information...but it doesn't....not from an extra worldfile.

Well, to load the worldfile of the JPG, you need to change the
getWorldFileExtensions() in WKFRasterDriver.java, I think. Or change the
extension to *.wld... but I'm sure, you know. (however, jgw seems to be
the default one, isn't it?)

Regards,

Marcel