[Gvsig_english] Problems importing a polygon grid file

Sal Garfi sal.garfi at btinternet.com
Sun May 1 15:34:01 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I'm presently using the OAD version of gvSIG on Windows 2007. I've been given a polygon shape file that is simply a grid (graticule) of polygon squares with simple numerical IDs and a numerical 'value' field. The file was created in DIVA gis. Unfortunately, when I import the file into gvSIG, the grid squares display as triangles. I've imported the same file into two other open sourceGISs and this problem hasn't occurred, so, does anyone know how I can remedy the problem?

Eagerly looking forward to some enlightenment,
Sal Garfi