[Gvsig_english] Centroids tool in SEXTANTE

Anna Hodgkinson anna.hodgkinson at thehumanjourney.net
Tue May 10 18:14:55 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I just realised that the "Centroids" tool in the SEXTANTE "Tools for Polygons" works for lines as well.
This is extremely useful, I spent some time today trying to create one single point per line with the line's attribute info, rather than extracting nodes/vertices and then having to delete duplicates.
I ended up creating a buffer around the individual lines and then extracted centroids, thinking that the tool in SEXTANTE was only meant to work for Polygons, which worked fine, but knowing about the Centroids for lines option that would save time next time.
I was therefore wondering whether the tool might be moved from the "Tools for Polygons" menu to the "Tools for vector layers" menu in order to save confusion?

Best wishes,

Anna

Anna Kathrin Hodgkinson MA MSt (Oxon) AIFA EES
Supervisor Geomatics

Oxford Archaeology: Exploring the Human Journey
http://thehumanjourney.net

------