[Gvsig_english] Cape Verde Islands EPSG code in gvSIG

idalina Almeida idalinaa2 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:23:08 CEST 2011

Dear Sir,
Since October 2009 Cape Verde Islands SRS has been added to the EPSG
Database version7.4 (EPSG:4826 – see attached documentation) upon Ministry
of Infrastructures request.

Our SRS is not included in gvSIG 1.9 EPSG list of codes. Because of this we
are experiencing a lot of difficulties (projection’s errors) when using
gvSIG as a client of WFS/WMS servers. We were unable to solve this problem
using user´s defined SRS option. The only way for our application
(postgres+mapserver+gvSIG) to work is using user’s defined SRS with code
32768.
We would appreciate, very much, if you could include our SRS (EPSG:4826) in
the next version of  gvSIG.
Please, if this request doesn't concern you, we would like if you could send
us the right contact email.
Best Regards,
Idalina Almeida