[Gvsig_english] Cape Verde Islands EPSG code in gvSIG

Idalina Almeida idalinaa2 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:58:32 CEST 2011

1. Our postgis database is using UTF-8.
To better describe our problem, we have made a small experiment to serve
ortophoto data using WMS and EPSG:4826.
1. The ortophoto data is a set of Capevedean National SRS geotiff files.
2. In mapserver directory (MS4W/proje/nad) we introduced, manually, in the
epsg file our srs twice (codes 4826 and 32768). We have 2 corresponding
mapfiles (one serving WMS in 4826 and the other in 32768).
3. In gvSiG we inserted our srs twice (codes 4826 and 32768) using the user
defined srs option.
4. If we access our WMS using 32768 it works correctly, but if we use 4826
it get distorted after zooming.

Cheers,
Idalina

On 13/05/11 20:32, Idalina Almeida wrote:
> Thanks very much for your answer.
> The parameters you used are correct and the shapefile you sent worked ok.
> We
> have no problem using the custom 4826 in gvSIG to visualize a shapefile or
> to get a shape from postgis.
> Our problem is when we try using gvSIG (usr defined 4826) to connect our
> WMS
> (Mapserver) that serves the shape also in EPSG:4826.
> At first the image looks right, but when we zoom in it get distorted. We
> are
> sending to screen image showing the problem.

Are all datasets using the same codepage?

--
Cheers Simon