[Gvsig_english] Problem from polylines to polygons

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed May 18 17:48:29 CEST 2011

Hi Jorge,
I have created 10 features with SEXTANTE "Create random vector layer"
tool and then applied both "Polygonize" and "Derivative geometries". It
seems that the results are quite different. The "derivative" polygons
overlap themselves, while the polygonized ones not. :-(
I'm agree with Fran. In this case, it seems that the external rectangle
doesn't intersect the internal lines at all, so it's surely a problem of
precision/snapping. SEXTANTE Polygonize tool nodes lines and merges them
using an enhanced precision in order to avoid topology exceptions,
however it doesn't snap "quite near" vertices. I think that we need more
robust topology checks in SEXTANTE and gvSIG in order to make them more
reliable and powerful in a production environment.

Cheers,
Antonio

Il 18/05/2011 17.30, Jorge Santos ha scritto:
> Dude, it's very easy convert lines to polygons in gvSIG.You must try
> the Derivative Geometries.
>
> *Layer Menu - Derivative Geometries*
>
> I draw a similar feature and convert polyline to polygon with close
> geometries. See attatchment.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> _________________
> Jorge Santos
> Téc. emGeodésiae Cartografia
> http://processamentodigital.blogspot.com/
> http://twitter.com/jpsantos2002
> Skype: jorgepsantos2002
>
> 2011/5/18 Gio_ca <maccionigiovanni at libero.it
> <mailto:maccionigiovanni at libero.it>>
>
>     I tried what Antonio suggested but I got the same result...
>
>     --

Antonio Falciano
http://www.linkedin.com/in/antoniofalciano