[Gvsig_english] Call for Mac Community contributors.

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Thu May 19 17:50:08 CEST 2011

El 19/05/2011 16:05, Agustin Diez Castillo escribió:

> Having or not this or that extension is not an issue anymore in my
> humble opinion. The new addons manager (>=1.11), let you install any
> catalogued extension (official or not) and you even can add your own
> server if you don't like the official one.
>> This absolutely true, the new addons manager is the best thing that has occurred in gvSIG since NavTable IMHO. This is how I installed the normalization. I guess you overlooked one of my previous messages complaining about the Normalization tool cutting a nine character field to 8. I will write about that next but this is one of the annoying things I have to deal with, if I said that this happens in Mac, it seems to me that nobody cares. More next.

I'm sorry I'm not always full scanning what happens on mailing lists,
specially on those as active as gvSIG ones. For sure that your bug has
nothing to do with being on Mac as Normalization is a pure java
extension so any bug should be at all platforms, as far as I know.

Anyway I shouldn't  recommend using mailing lists to report bugs or at
least only using them for bug reporting.

Bugtracking systems allow you to file properly what's going on and if no
one answers in an acceptable time, please come here and blame us, I'm
perfectly OK with that.

> With 2.0 version you will be able to even create your own gvSIG
> distribution easily right from the gvSIG Desktop interface, so you will
> be able to create a custom distribution for your students or
> organization if you wish with any extension or custom development at
> your hand.
>> This was easy enough in Mac, I've been able to do it, this is why I miss the normalization tool.

Not sure what you mean here. Why you miss normalization tool?

- --
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
gvSIG Team at Prodevelop
Technical Collaborations Manager