[Gvsig_english] differences foe developers between gvsig 1.11 and gvsig 2?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:54:59 CEST 2011

I'm evaluating the possibility to develop an extension for gvsig. It
will take a while to be completed so I was wondering wether to
implement it on the actual release (gvsig 1.11) or the next one...
1.12, or 2?
I know that many changes and improvements are being made to the
extensions mechanism, and in general to the various APIs. Some of them
have been merged, but I don't know the APIs enough yet to easily
understand if my extension would be affected by the changes in the
next future.
Could you help me to resume the status of the cahnges going on and if
there is a release rodmap for gvisg 2? In short, should I work on 1.11
or 2 APIs?

Thanks,
Giovanni