[Gvsig_english] dbf encoding-postgis

Magdalena Krufova magdalena.krufova at geosense.cz
Wed May 25 16:10:58 CEST 2011

Thanks a lot for your advices,
I tried to assign encoding cp1250 to the dbf file, I saw the czech
characters well, but after exporting to postgis and then adding this postgis
layer to the view the czech characters appear again as squares (see file
test_cp1250 in attachment).
I also tried to creat completely new shapefile (in gvSIG 1.11.0) with czech
characters in atribute table and with encoding UTF-8, but exactly the same
problem appeared (see file test_UTF8 in attachment).
And I am sure, that the database is in UTF-8.
Thanks,
Magdalena