[Gvsig_english] gvSIG mobile 0.3 and Windows Mobile 6.1 on HTCKaiser

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Nov 15 17:28:36 CET 2011

Hello, Rolf. Sorry that you had all those problems.

1) If you go for the phoneME option, try this:

- download this file from the phoneME website:

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/dist/Personal_Profile-phoneme_advanced_mr2_b168-win32_arm_wm6-bin-rev20547.zip <https://correo.prodevelop.es/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/dist/Personal_Profile-phoneme_advanced_mr2_b168-win32_arm_wm6-bin-rev20547.zip>

- unzip it in your PC and copy the "phoneme" foler in your root or SD card. Do not use the CAB installer from that website. Your file system must have a "phoneme" folder next to "Windows", "My Documents", etc (or in the SD card)

- then install the "gvSIGMobile......forPhoneme.cab" installer

2) If you go for the J9, you can see the instructions here:

http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2009-February/003010.html <https://correo.prodevelop.es/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2009-February/003010.html>

If you use the J9 you dont need a folder called "\Program files\pMEA PP" or "phoneme". Pay attention to the DLL, you have to remove that particular DLL which is inside the J9 folder. The J9 folder must be next to the folders "Windows", "My Documents", etc (in the root)

The IBM J9 JVM is not free software. You should contact IBM in your country and buy the license (approx $30 per final user).

****

It's always better to have as much free memory as possible, of course. Both gvSIG and phoneme/J9 can be installed in the root or in the SD card.

As for the program memory ("RAM"), try to stop as many processes as you can (agenda, services, etc). Somewhere in your system there is a list of running processes. Perhaps you can stop the ones you dont need before staring gvSIG Mobile.

Regards
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)