[Gvsig_english] Import a table with MySQL

Nacho Uve nachouve at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:42:30 CET 2011

Hi Sergio,

I think it might be so... There have been many improvements to
the PostgreSQL+PostGIS driver for gvSIG 1.X, but I would not
remember anyone working on improving the MySQL driver.
However, in gvSIG 2.0 all data access has changed. MySQL access has
probably been improved.

Cheers,
Nacho V

2011/11/17 seranhor <sergio.anza at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I am new to gvSIG. I am trying to import a table connecting to a MySQL
> database. I fill the fields correctly (I think) but I have some problems. I
> tried different versions of gvSIG. In versions 1.11 and 1.12 it does'nt
> work. In version 2.0 it works smoothly, but unfortunately version 2.0 is
> too
> unstable to work with it.
>
> I read some posts and google and I know that people has already access
> succesfully mySQL databases. What I am doing wrong?
>
> Thank you!
>
> *gvSIG 1.11 final:*
>
> Connection through ODBC and MySQL ODBC driver with "ODBC" option: Nothing
> happens. Table is not imported
>
> Connection to MySQL database directly with "mysql" option: Nothing happens.
> Table is not imported
>
> *gvSIG 1.12 final:*
>
> Connection through ODBC and MySQL ODBC driver with "ODBC" option: I can
> connect to the database and can see the tables but when I try to select it
> an error message appears. SOmething like mysql syntax error.
>
> Connection to MySQL database directly with "mysql" option: I can connect to
> the database and can see the tables but when I try to select it an error
> message appears. SOmething like mysql syntax error.
>
> *gvSIG 2.0:*
>
> It works!

Juan Ignacio Varela García