[Gvsig_english] Import a table with MySQL

seranhor sergio.anza at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 09:37:31 CET 2011

Hello,

I am new to gvSIG. I am trying to import a table connecting to a MySQL
database. I fill the fields correctly (I think) but I have some problems. I
tried different versions of gvSIG. In versions 1.11 and 1.12 it does'nt
work. In version 2.0 it works smoothly, but unfortunately version 2.0 is too
unstable to work with it.

I read some posts and google and I know that people has already access
succesfully mySQL databases. What I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

*gvSIG 1.11 final:*

Connection through ODBC and MySQL ODBC driver with "ODBC" option: Nothing
happens. Table is not imported

Connection to MySQL database directly with "mysql" option: Nothing happens.
Table is not imported

*gvSIG 1.12 final:*

Connection through ODBC and MySQL ODBC driver with "ODBC" option: I can
connect to the database and can see the tables but when I try to select it
an error message appears. SOmething like mysql syntax error.

Connection to MySQL database directly with "mysql" option: I can connect to
the database and can see the tables but when I try to select it an error
message appears. SOmething like mysql syntax error.

*gvSIG 2.0:*

It works!