[Gvsig_english] Transfer .gvp from Windows to Mac Os

T.W.Argles t.w.argles at open.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 13:04:57 CET 2011

I am trying to provide 2 versions of the same .gvp file for Windows and Mac Os users. I created the project in Windows (XP or 7), using relative file path names, and can copy the project folder with the required data files to other servers for students to use.

However, if I try to open the .gvp file in Mac OS, it doesn't recognize any of the datafiles, and if I browse for them, gvSIG can't 'see' the files at all. I suspect this is because the filenames stored in the .gvp file are restricted to Windows format, and won't transfer to Mac OS.

If this is so, I could rebuild the projects from scratch on a machine running Mac OS. But is there any way to avoid this - that is, a way to build the .gvp file with file path names that will transfer across platforms?

Strange Q, I know - any help would be appreciated. Sorry for lack of log files - test was on a borrowed Mac.

Cheers,
Tom