[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.12: new call for contributors.

Manuel Madrid mmadrid at gvsig.com
Wed Oct 26 11:11:20 CEST 2011

Dear gvSIG users and developers,

As most of you know we made a call for contributions for gvSIG 1.12 last
June. September 21st was the deadline to send bugfixes and fortunately
we got lots of them. Now it’s time to review and integrate them but the
problem is that all the team is now focused on the development of gvSIG
2.0 since it is our most priority task at the moment.

Although we think that gvSIG 1.12 is very interesting for our users and
developers since it will come with quite a few bugfixes and
improvements, we really think that we can’t afford to delay the release
of gvSIG 2.0 anymore.

That’s why we make a new call for contributors today. These are the main
tasks we would need you to do:
- Review the received patches.
- Build the binaries.
- Test the binaries.

Please read these documents to find more info about the tasks:
- Contributions and patches to the gvSIG code [1]
- Creating a gvSIG installer [2]
- Qué debo hacer para corregir un bug (only in Spanish) [3]
- Interesting links for testers [4]

In case you are willing to help us to release gvSIG 1.12 just reply this
email and tell us what tasks are you interested in and a coordinator
will contact you.

Thanks in advance,
The gvSIG team.

[1]