[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11 export layer to PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Fri Sep 9 12:49:25 CEST 2011

Juan,

I did it both ways, with gvSIG layer export and with the "PostGIS Shapefile
and DBF Loader" plugin (GUI version 2.0.0). In both cases the import to
PostGIS was always sucessfull.

I wonder that the shapefile as such also accepts less than two vertices. Can
be just points then, true? They were not included intentionally. I couldn't
recognize a difference in the design with and without single vertices.
However, in the "geom" column of PostGIS they could be identified quickly,
while for the shapefile I'm not sure how to find them...

Best regards
Klaus