[Gvsig_english] Comparison of installation ond use of latest version of both gvSIg and gvSIG-CE

Mario Carrera carrera_marrod at gva.es
Mon Apr 2 09:16:51 CEST 2012

Hi Simon,

there's a Sextante version that fixes some problems on gvSIG 1.11. You
can follow this steps to install it:

1. Download this packages file:

http://downloads.gvsig.org/download/gvsig-desktop/dists/1.11.0/packages.gvspks

(if it has been downloaded as a .zip file, it has to be renamed to its
original extension (.gvpks)).

2. Delete the folder “es.unex.sextante” from the install directory of
gvSIG (We recommend to make a copy previously in case of something is
wrong.). Usually:

    - Linux:
/home/[usuario]/gvSIG_1.11.0_final/bin/gvSIG/extensiones/es.unex.sextante/
    - Windows: C:\Archivos de
programa\gvSIG_1.11.0_final\bin\gvSIG\extensiones\es.unex.sextante
    - MacOS:
/Applications/gvSIG-1.11.0.app/Contents/Resources/Java/gvSIG/extensiones/es.unex.sextante

3. Run gvSIG.

4. Go to the Add-ons Manager (inside the Tools menu).

5. Select “Install from file" and select the path to the packages.gvspks
downloaded previously. -> Next.

6. At the “Not official” tab, select the last version of the Sextante
package -> Next (the process can last several minutes).

7. Close gvSIG.

8. ONLY FOR WINDOWS: Go to the ”extensiones\com.iver.cit.gvsig\lib”
folder and delete these files:

    jts-1.9_gvSIG.jar
    jtsio-1.8.jar

9. Run gvSIG.

It solved some errors at the creation of DEM.

Best regards,
    Mario