[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and gvSIG-CE, when will someone clarify the situation?

Ruth Schönbuchner r.schoenbuchner at hotmail.de
Thu Aug 2 11:11:07 CEST 2012

Dear Cèsar, list,

regarding this issue in having effort for testing, translations, spreading... i

want to add that José and me put a lot of effort in spreading gvSIG in Germany!

For many years, we put our time and effort in doing presentations, workshops on the

different conferences like AGIT, FossGIS or Intergeo.

We found a bugs that are well documented and we also work hard in trying to fix them to improve

the software and we send the patches to you to improve gvSIG!

It would be impossible to work in real terms without local committers (gvSIG has zero committers outside Spain).

Changing gvSIG CE to another name would complicate this exchange.

Personally I would prefer to discuss on how to improve the software and on how to improve

contribution between gvSIG Association and non-members.

Maybe we can find a way?

Best regards, Ruth

Ruth Schönbuchner
CSGIS