[Gvsig_english] Cannot add GeoDb table to a View

Al Vigil albert.vigil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:12:48 CEST 2012

Hello to the community,

I am new to gvSIG and hoping someone can help with my learning curve.

I am trying to add a GeoDB to a view, but nothing displays on the map.  However I am able to see the attribute table,
so it appears the file loads OK.  Also, when I double-click on the layer I am able to specify the symbol to use.
But on returning from the Layer properties form the Information console displays the following,

  gvSIG had an unexpected problem. Current process was aborted. Error message is:

  Can´t read the driver: PostGIS JDBC Driver

  PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction ... (27

  more)

  If this message does not help avoid the problem, it's recommended (once your current session is over)

  to send the log file to the gvSIG team. Log file is located here::

  C:\Users\Al\gvsig\gvSIG.log

The pertinent contents of the log file are,

                                                                                                   DEBUG

  AWT-EventQueue-0 com.iver.andami.ui.mdiFrame.MDIFrame - Memory usage 125502 KB
  DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-0 com.iver.andami.messages.NotificationManager - Can´t read the driver: PostGIS

  JDBC Driver
  Can´t read the driver: PostGIS JDBC Driver
   at com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.jdbc.postgis.PostGisDriver.getFullExtent

  (PostGisDriver.java:359)

I am also attaching the complete log file, in case I missed any important clues in the above snippet.

Based on a recommendation I found on the Internet that suggested the problem is with the JDBC driver,
I downloaded and copied to CLASSPATH directory the file postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc.jar(from

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html), however this did not make any difference. The CLASSPATH

directory on my pc is .;c:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\. Perhaps I should put it somewhere else?

I have no trouble displaying shp files, only PostGis GeoDb tables.

Am using the binaries for Postgresql 9.1 and PostGis 2.0.1 running under Windows Vista.  The vectors
are stored in a geometry column and am using projection 4326 on the View, the same projection as the table.

Thanks to anyone that can throw some light into this problem,

Al Vigil

Developer, pchomes, inc., Addison, TX, USA