[Gvsig_english] Cannot add GeoDb table to a View

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Aug 17 21:49:20 CEST 2012

Il 17/08/2012 21.12, Al Vigil ha scritto:
> I have no trouble displaying shp files, only PostGis GeoDb tables.
> Am using the binaries for Postgresql 9.1 and PostGis 2.0.1 running under
> Windows Vista.  The vectors
> are stored in a geometry column and am using projection 4326 on the
> View, the same projection as the table.

Hi Al,
I think that the issue is probably due to your PostGIS version, because
gvSIG 1.1x actually supports only PostGIS 1.x and not the latest 2.0.
In reference to this there's also a ticket in the PostGIS bug tracker [1].
IMHO adding the PostGIS 2.0 support is a useful feature request, but I
don't know if developers have enough time and resources to solve this
problem right now that gvSIG 1.12 final is going to be released.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/833

--