[Gvsig_english] xyz data

Angus Jeffery jeffery.ap at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:17:07 CEST 2012

Morning
I want to work out an effective workflow for getting a large quantity
of ascii .xyz data (point elevation data) into gvSIG - I estimate
roughly 7 million points, with end use intended to be raster map in
gvSIG or vector for export to other software (e.g. .dxf file showing
elevation contours). Has anyone undertaken a similar task or does
anyone have any ideas of a sensible workflow using gvSIG/grass modules
please?
As an alternative to using all the data, does gvSIG have an effective
way of subsampling, so reducing the data to be processed and speeding
up the process, accepting lower accuracy?
Best regards
Angus