[Gvsig_english] bug in build 1411 gvSIG 1.12: Priority to "All supported files" in the Open dialog of Add layer

Francisco Puga fpuga at cartolab.es
Wed Jun 13 14:21:55 CEST 2012

Hi Flavio,

2012/6/13 Flavio Pompermaier <fla83tn at gmail.com>:
> gvSIG 1.12 will be delivered in the installer version or in the portable
> one? I think that portable version is more clean, stable and easy to
> redistribute!

Maybe i explain myself badly, and speak in English is not helping me :/.

I will try to clarify this point, because it appear on another thread also.

There are some institutions from the gvSIG community (mostly Cartolab
[1], iCarto [2] and Scolab [3]) that are very interested in release a
new stable version of he 1.x branch, so we talk with the gvSIG
Association [3] to collaborate in publish a new version.

In this release process we follow the policies established by the
Association. One of this policies is that the official version of
gvSIG must be released as a installer version.

Cartolab finds interesting have a portable version so, we release some
time ago a portable version of gvSIG 1.11 and, probably, we will
release a portable version of gvSIG 1.12, but these version are not
"official".

There are other user discussing this topic, and also how the installer
should be [5].

I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, both options have good
and bad things.

Anyway if you want to continue this "discussion" maybe is good open a
new thread.

[1] http://cartolab.udc.es/
[2] http://icarto.es/
[3] http://www.scolab.es/
[4] http://www.gvsig.com/welcome?set_language=en
[5] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Comparison-of-installation-ond-use-of-latest-version-of-both-gvSIg-and-gvSIG-CE-td4671490.html

--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493