[Gvsig_english] Can you open a project from a script?

Francisco Puga fpuga at cartolab.es
Fri Mar 23 10:24:06 CET 2012

AFAIK, there are some options that you can pass to main java class as
arguments. The common way to launch a java app is:

java -DSomeArgumentToTheJVM -DOtherArgumentToTheJVM -jar SomeJavaClass
ArgumentsForYourApplication

The first ArgumentForYourApplication must be the name of the
application. This value is set "always" to "gvSIG". This value is used
for example to name the log file, search for some properties, ....

The second argument must be always the path to the extensions folder.
This path is relative to the path of the file andami.jar. Commonly
this value is set to gvSIG/extensiones, but you can change the name of
the folder and change that line on the script to make it clear, for
example gvSIG/plugins

Another recognized argument is -language=ISO_CODE_FOR_THE_LANGUAGE.
This argument override the value that you set on the preferences.

If any of the arguments passed to the application is --install, the
next argument must be --installURL <url> : This argument makes that
gvSIG enter in install mode, that is, the plugin manager is opened and
you can install new plugins,

Also, all the arguments are accessible for all the plugins of gvSIG,
so when gvSIG is launched, all the extensoions are initialized and in
this initialization stage, the plugins can take this argument and use
its value to get configured.

The extension that has the responsibility of handle the projects
com.iver.cit.gvsig.ProjectExtension.java when it's initialized takes
the last argument passed to the application, and test if this
arguments ends in .gvp. If that check is true, it takes this final
argument as a path to a project and tries to load it.

Another interested option is -DgvSIG.confDir=<path> . As it is passed
to the jvm, is not really a "gvSIG argument" but it is interesting
anyway. It allows configure the folder where the gvSIG preferences
(palettes.xml, plugins-persistence.xml, gvSIG,log, ...) are stored.

I'm not sure if there are most options, but i hope that i put some
light on this.