[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11: add consecutive numbers to selection?

spatialjoe spatialjoe at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:06:26 CEST 2012

Hi all,

is it possible to add consecutive numbers to selected sets of features?
Suppose you have a layer with bounding boxes or tiles and you want to
digitize features in another layer which are within a certain bounding box
or tile.
Then you want to number all features within a bounding box always starting
with 1 (in a column).
So for bounding box  A it would be 1,2,3,...for bounding box B it again
would be 1,2,3,...

Using field calculator with rec()+1 always returns the position/number of
the record within the whole table (which most likely is what rec()+1 should
do). But what I need is something which always starts at number 1 within a
selection.

Does anybody have an idea? I am not sure if I am not missing something very
basic here.
Mmh?

Best

Johannes