[Gvsig_english] Field calculator expression

Ruth Schönbuchner r.schoenbuchner at hotmail.de
Thu May 3 14:03:31 CEST 2012

Dear list,

has anyone experience in how to combine two fields with help of the field calculator?

I have a table with two fields, e.g. [NAME] and [NUMBER].

I inserted a new field called [OUTPUT], where I want to combine all values from [NAME] and [NUMBER].

      ID

      NAME

      NUMBER

      OUTPUT

      1

      TEST

      10000

      TEST: 10000 No.

Afterwards I want to create symbology for [OUTPUT] and want to display it in the map layout.

Now my question: Is there a way to calculate this [OUTPUT] including two
 fields and extra syntax, like "commas", "double points",..  with help of the field calculator, like e.g. this:

[TEST]":" [NUMBER]" No."
Maybe the advanced tab could be helpful where I can include python-scripts?

Thanks in advance!

Ruth

Ruth Schönbuchner
CSGIS