[Gvsig_english] Cyrillic characters by using ODBC connection

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:51:35 CEST 2012

Hi Yvo.

Sorry, no luck. It seems de JDBC-ODBC bridge is not working well and it
has a bug for different charsets.

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1248844

I think the only solution is to use other database, if possible.
¿PosgreSQL?, or dbf files.
In my opinion, the problem is in this file:

http://javasourcecode.org/html/open-source/jdk/jdk-6u23/sun/jdbc/odbc/JdbcOdbcResultSet.java.html

but I'm not sure how to fix it.

If you can solve the problem by your own I'll be glad to know how.

Best regards.

Fran.

PS: The tests I've made were by supposing that field was encoded in

ISO8859_5

ISO 8859-5, Latin/Cyrillic alphabet

--
Fran Peñarrubia