No subject

Mon May 7 09:40:18 CEST 2012

gvSIG. For me the association should support any positive gvSIG<br>
related action and in the case of gvSIG CE it is not. It results in an<br>
association that does not represent gvSIG community but that has its<br>
own interests on it.<br>
Furthermore, the association DO has a strong weight in the community<br>
and it is not clear (at least for me) how it works internally. What<br>
consequences could happen if tomorrow someone with destructive<br>
interests takes a top post in the association? Well, if the<br>
association is independent from the community and has its own election<br>
processes I think it should not have such a strong influence in the<br>
community because otherwise, the project is not driven by the<br>
community.<br>
Also, the fact that most of the people in the association is Spanish,<br>
and belong to the CIT or are clients of the CIT makes one wonder if<br>
some clientelism dynamics take place there. This is a very serious<br>
issue. I DO know clientelism dynamics took place when CIT had some<br>
money, not sure if now it&#39;s the case anymore, but I would bet on that.<=
br>
For all this, currently I&#39;m personally aligned with those that prefer<b=
r>
to give the code to OSGEO instead of to the association. I signed the<br>
CLA because in the end, the code is what matters and developers try to<br>
do their best to collaborate, despite the guys that try to control the<br>
uncontrollable.<br>
Hope these thoughts help to improve the project. Of course don&#39;t give<b=
r>
them much importance, they are just my particular perceptions.<br>
What I regret is that two efforts that improve gvSIG ecosystem do not<br>
talk more constructively. There are conflict resolving techniques but<br>
no one here seems to care about it.<br>
Sad.<br>
Wow, next 50 lines I write will be in Java...<br>