[Gvsig_english] performance issue with gvSIG desktop 1.12

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Tue Oct 9 16:37:47 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

with gvSIG release 1.12 (I was using 1.11 up to now), I ran into a huge
performance issue. My installation is on Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64bit,
2GB memory.

I have a project which loads 180 slices of raster data, each about 1MB in
size, to build a complete satellite image as background raster. Loading
everthing with gvSIG 1.11 takes less than 1:30 minutes in average.
sometimes even 12 minutes!
In both versions screen update is set to medium. Modifying this option
didn't change remarkable.

I recognized that in 1.12 each slice of raster is being reloaded over and
over again, until the whole stuff is finally done. In 1.11 one slice is
loaded after the other, only one or two times during the process all slices
get reloaded. This makes a huge difference, as you can see on the
measurements!

Maybe there is an option for tuning...?

Best regards
Klaus