[Gvsig_english] Call for testing gvSIG 2.0 beta1

Manuel Madrid mmadrid at gvsig.com
Wed Oct 24 15:19:58 CEST 2012

Hello Klaus,

El 24/10/12 10:04, Klaus Schaefer escribió:
> Hello gvSIG 2.0 development team,
>
> unfortunately I didn't manage to get registered with redmine. So I like to
> add my test results here.

Sorry for the delay. I finished your registration some minutes ago. You
should have receive an e-mail with your login and password.

> My installation is on Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64bit, 2GB memory.
>
> To summarize: I did not manage to get the beta properly installed

I had a look at the document. All the installation issues are known and
not really relevant. In general you must have into account that it is
relatively normal to find this kind of messages in this phase of the
development. Sorry if they made you get confuse.

The only message is strange for me is the one of Windows Operative
System. I would really apreciate if other Windows 7 users could confirm
they also found it.

Anyway I would say that gvSIG 2.0 was correctly installed the first
time. The message error in the status bar is not important.

and did
> not manage to create a new project.

Ok. This is probably because you finally installed all the available
plugins. This is not recommended since some of them are not stable. I
recommend you to install first the typical and then, from the Add-ons
manager, install and test other plugins one by one.

So, please, install again gvSIG 2.0, select typical installation, and
check that you can create a new project.

There also seems to be no way to open or
> import/convert existing (1.11/1.12) projects.

You're right. Unfortunately this functionality doesn't exists so far.
gvSIG 2.0 project structure is quite diferent than gvSIG 1.x one.

> Please have my findings and the gvSIG logfile attached.

Thank you very much for the time you spent in testing and reporting.
Don't hesitate to report any other issues you find.

Best,
Manuel.

> Best regards
>
> Klaus