[Gvsig_english] Opening gvSIG project

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Fri Apr 26 12:09:06 CEST 2013

So eventually I tried a decent editor capable of collapsing and expanding xml
nodes, and in the gvp I found two of the following tags

<xml-tag>
                <property key="className"
value="com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.SelectionSupport"/>
                <property key="numBitSet" value="1"/>
                <property key="0" value="1679320"/>
</xml-tag>

followed by a few hundred thousand lines of key/value pairs instead of just
a single one like in the example.

I deleted those two tags with the endless key/value pairs and now the
project is down to 117KB and opens in a few seconds.

Questions remain though: How do those massive tags get in the gvp? What user
action generates them? What are they used or needed for? And finally, how
can their appearance be avoided?

Thank you for an answer.

Regards,
Georg