[Gvsig_english] svg format issue with gvSIG 1.11 symbols

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Wed Aug 28 08:18:59 CEST 2013

Dear list,

I am working on a symbol catalog for our fire department, consisting of
numerous files, and everything is set up nicely, the .sym files are in the
right place, pointing at the right svg-Files, but now there's an issue with
the svg-Format:

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: The current document is unable to create an
element of the requested type (namespace: http://www.w3.org/2000/svg, name:
flowRoot).

I've attached one .svg-File that gets displayed correctly (okay.svg) and one
that causes the exception (notokay.svg). The one working was created with
Adobe Illustrator and the one not working was created with inkscape.
Unfortunately that's what I have to use because we don't have anything else.
I also tried to use the "normal svg" format in inkscape rather than the
"inkscape svg" but to no avail.

The differences in the xml are obvious but not being an expert on svg
formats or namespaces I am at a loss here. Any ideas? Thanks!

Best regards,
Georg

notokay.svg <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5074689/notokay.svg>
okay.svg <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5074689/okay.svg>