[Gvsig_english] Suggestion gvSIG 2.0.0.2066 -- Installation on Ubuntu does not establish file associations

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Jun 4 04:35:04 CEST 2013

Hi Guys,

Operating System: Ubuntu 13.04 (using Gnome Classic Interface).
gvSIG Version 2.0.0.2066
Java version: 1.6.0_20

**PROBLEM**

Installation on Ubuntu does not establish file associations.

I have spent about half an about trying to link the project file
*.gvsproj with the gvSIG application. I have searched the Internet for
solutions and tried everything listed and a few other tricks.

The application desktop file in the $HOME/.local/applications
are not seen by the OS when listing alternative applications to use to
open the file. By default the Archive manager is associated with the
file extension type.

It would be useful if you could just click on the project file and have
the file passed onto gvSIG.

Can anyone help get this thing fixed?

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides