[Gvsig_english] Problem gvSIG 2.0.0.2066 -- Export using Selection not working

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Wed Jun 5 16:39:33 CEST 2013

On 05/06/13 22:42, Manuel Madrid wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> El 05/06/13 04:37, Simon Cropper escribió:
>> OK Pau and Manuel,
>>
>> First, sorry I don't have a lot of time to report the issue directly.
>>
>> I am posting things as I find them as I am working on a job resulting in
>> me already spending too much time on GIS activities. I am happy to
>> commit time as I go along as working on actual data on actual tasks
>> rather than test beds quickly highlights errors and problems.
>
> Of course I didn't want to ask you for spending more time than you do
> now. If you feel more confortable reporting on the list, keep doing it!
>

>> In regards to my filter and export-filter problem...
>>
>> First, the problem seems to be with using ">=" and "<=". These
>> operand-combo result in nothing being exported.
>>
>> If I select AREA > 3 I get say 12 polygons.
>> If I select AREA >= 3 I get nothing.
>>
>> This happens on multiple shapefiles so you should be able to reproduce
>> this problem.
>
> Let's see if we can hunt this bug...
>
> I checked this and the "only" problem I found is that the ">=" operator
> is working exactly as "=" operator. Exportation seems to work properly.
> I guess in your case the problem is that it doen't exist records with
> AREA = 3. In that case, when you execute the query "AREA >= 3" really is
> executing "AREA = 3" so no records are selected and, thus, when
> exporting the "selected features" the result is an empty layer. Could
> you, please, check this?

*USING FILTER*
AREA = 3 highlights one polygon AS DOES AREA >= 3
AREA = 3 highlights one polygon; AREA <= 3 multiple smaller polygons

*USING EXPORT USING FILTER*
AREA = 3 exports one polygon AS DOES AREA >= 3
AREA = 3 highlights one polygon; AREA <= 3 multiple smaller polygons

> The rest of the operators, including "<=" seems to work ok.

I agree

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides