[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11: Error opening document: ProjectView

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 6 13:43:35 CEST 2013

Il 06/06/2013 13:31, georgsedlmeir ha scritto:
> Dear list,
> a colleague informed me about an existing problem with a gvSIG 1.11 project:
> When she tries to open it,
> the following message pops up:
>
> "Error opening document:Ohne Titel 1 - ProjectView"
>
> Everything in the project except for the map section in the project manager
> remains empty. No views, no tables, just one map layout.
>
> I've attached both the gvSIG.log and the .gvp file. There seems to be a
> mismatch between layer definitions in the .gvp file, resulting in an
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
>
> What might have caused that error in the first place?
> And what could be a feasible solution to salvage the project? I wouldn't
> mind editing the .gvp file.
>
> Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Hi Georg,
IMHO the problem is here in the gvp file:

<property key="numLayers" value="10"/><property key="LayerNames"
value="Flurstücke ,Gebäude ,Altablagerungen ,Altstandorte ,belastete
Flächen ,unbelastete Flächen ,Einzugsgebiet der Brunnen ,Brunnen
,Umgriff ,"/>

The "numLayers" value is equal to 10, while the LayerNames values seem
to be only 9. How to solve? I should remove the last comma in the
LayerNames values and also update the numLayers:

<property key="numLayers" value="9"/><property key="LayerNames"
value="Flurstücke ,Gebäude ,Altablagerungen ,Altstandorte ,belastete
Flächen ,unbelastete Flächen ,Einzugsgebiet der Brunnen ,Brunnen
,Umgriff "/>

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Antonio