[Gvsig_english] Need Help in Setting Development Environment [GSoC 2013]

sandeep kumar kumarsandeep2357 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 22:51:20 CEST 2013

Hi All,

    I am sandeep and have been working on "Add Raster format to scripting
in gvSIG" [1] as part of GSoC 2013.

   [1]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/kumarsandeep2357/1

   The scripting framework uses Jython and the source code of gvSIG is in
Java. Actually we have Java API for raster data Access. We need to
integrate it in scripting extension such that Jython can communicate with
it.

   Initially I decided on defining the API for the raster support
scripting. But after giving a thought, i think it is better to have the
source code and development environment to get hold of the Java raster data
access. So, i tried deploying the development environment on my own
following the documentation on official website. The documentation is very
vague and don't provide much details.

    I have been failing for the last 1 week trying to deploy the
development environment. Could someone help me in this aspect.?

Note : I think students working on other ideas as part of GSoC 2013 might
have deployed the gvsig development environment. It would be great if my
fellow GSoC participants lend me some help.

Thank You,
Sandeep Kumar,
MS by Research,
Lab for Spatial Informatics,