[Gvsig_english] gvSIG users - a map? Is it possible to be done?

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Fri May 24 11:46:09 CEST 2013

El 24/05/13 11:18, Wolfgang Qual escribió:
> Hi there,
>
> I am curious about the distribution of gvSIG-coomunity around the world.
> What about creating a map of them like the one of QGIS? [1]. I do not know
> how this can be done, but maybe someone else? Or is it already available
> somewhere?

I like the idea. The most similar thing exists (AFAIK) is the map of
visitors to the gvSIG blog

http://www3.clustrmaps.com/es/counter/maps.php?user=f6cb4f72

I've been thinking on this thing (for other reasons) and maybe we can
arrange something more or less effortlessly with a google form, for
example. The guys from CartoDB have posted blog article about how to do
it with their service.

http://blog.cartodb.com/post/50652990859/make-maps-from-data-you-collect-in-google-forms

It has to be something easy to fill, without really asking mails or any
"sensitive" data could work.

Also of course we can see how QGis people implemented their map and see
if we can do something similar.

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
gvSIG Team at Prodevelop