[Gvsig_english] gvSIG users - a map? Is it possible to be done?

Victoria Agazzi vagazzi at gvsig.com
Fri May 24 12:22:15 CEST 2013

Hi all,

On 24/05/2013 11:46, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> El 24/05/13 11:18, Wolfgang Qual escribió:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am curious about the distribution of gvSIG-coomunity around the world.
>> What about creating a map of them like the one of QGIS? [1]. I do not know
>> how this can be done, but maybe someone else? Or is it already available
>> somewhere?
>
> I like the idea. The most similar thing exists (AFAIK) is the map of
> visitors to the gvSIG blog
>
> http://www3.clustrmaps.com/es/counter/maps.php?user=f6cb4f72
I love the idea! and I love the map that clustrmaps give to us, because
the user do not need to do anything else than accessing the blog (the
action that the user do is what counts) and its location is registered.
The only problem is that the blog is not followed by the whole
community, because there's a lot of ways of collaborating with gvSIG,
not only through the blog visits.

> I've been thinking on this thing (for other reasons) and maybe we can
> arrange something more or less effortlessly with a google form, for
> example. The guys from CartoDB have posted blog article about how to
> do it with their service.
>
> http://blog.cartodb.com/post/50652990859/make-maps-from-data-you-collect-in-google-forms
>
> It has to be something easy to fill, without really asking mails or
> any "sensitive" data could work.
I hate forms in order to know if you do one thing or another, because it
is widely demonstrated that not everybody goes to do them. We have to
think on ways of getting the info by the tools that the community
already uses, and trying to avoid extra "effort".

> Also of course we can see how QGis people implemented their map and
> see if we can do something similar.
I think that QGis made it manually, as far as I could see.

Viqui-.